Chicken with Crunchy Flax Coating
Source: This recipe is found on page 136 of the Everything Flax cookbook. | Category: Baking, Entree, Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground toasted golden flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coarsely ground cornflakes
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried parsley flakes
- pinch ground sage
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 6 (4 oz/100g) chicken breasts
- In a bowl, combine ground flaxseed, cornmeal, cornflakes, cheese, garlic powder, parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- To coat chicken: Place melted butter in a shallow bowl. Place coating mixture in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken breasts in melted butter and then into the coating mixture. Evenly coat all sides of chicken.
- Place coated chicken on a parchment lined baking pan. Bake for 18 to 24 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Note: Crunchy Flax Coating can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with 2 Tbsp (25 mL) of Crunchy Flax Coating